Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Swindon toddler mauled by dog in garden


Keiron Goss (2 years old) suffers serious facial injuries after being attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier. Keiron Goss is now in a coma after he had to undergo surgery to reattach his ear. The boy was found in a garden after the attack on Sunday evening. Police said the owner of the dog handed it over and it has been put down. There were two dogs present at the attack, but the second one did not attack or show any aggressive behavior. A witness said "The grandfather carried him out and he was just limp. There was blood all over his face." The air ambulance arrived to take Keiron to hospital.  Police also confirmed they had dogs at the same address last year after an officer was bitten by a dog at the property.

-

What a sad story, I think it is good that the dog has been put down. Although I am glad they didn’t take the other dog too ‘just in case’ because it hadn’t attacked nor shown any aggressive behavior. I also wonder why Keiron’s parents let him play outside on his own. I mean if I had a two year old toddler rolling around I would not let him play outside unattended knowing there might be aggressive dogs nearby.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-18320701

3 comments:

  1. This is indeed a sad story. I agree with your opinion, the other dog might not show sign of aggression but how can they be certain that he did not hurt the little boy as well?
    On a small note, you wrote " I witness" this is not correct, it should be "eyewitness".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, it's a typo and should be 'A witness'.

    ReplyDelete