Nicola
Brookes from Brighton is taking legal action against internet trolls after they
tried to destroy her image by creating false social networking accounts in her
name and then sending sexual messages to underage teenagers - portraying her as
a pedophile. Since Nicola is a housewife she is restricted to her house and
frequently uses social networking sites but is now getting abuse and
accusations of pedophilia follow her online. Nicola has fought in the courts
for a High Court Order asking Facebook to reveal the IP addresses of the people
so she can take legal action. Facebook have agreed to do this. All of this
abuse is a product of Nicola being supportive to X-Factor contestant Frankie
Cocozza.
-
I believe that this is disgusting. I cannot believe how people can be so cruel. The thing that makes this even more pathetic is how the bullies are doing this because of one supportive message. I believe that Facebook has acted well and I am very glad they did. Because although they may be breaking the Data Protection Act, they are also saving a woman from a life of misery and hell. I really hope the IP addresses of the bullies will be revealed, so they can be taken to court.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-18351855
-
I believe that this is disgusting. I cannot believe how people can be so cruel. The thing that makes this even more pathetic is how the bullies are doing this because of one supportive message. I believe that Facebook has acted well and I am very glad they did. Because although they may be breaking the Data Protection Act, they are also saving a woman from a life of misery and hell. I really hope the IP addresses of the bullies will be revealed, so they can be taken to court.
Source:
Really well-written summary. Do try to use interpunction a bit more often. Your sentences are a bit too elaborate. Especially the first sentence. On the whole the summary is very complete. your opinion is clear; try to use less storng words sometimes 'pathetic ->disrespectful'. You might 'offend' someone. Watch out for 'Because although'. On the whole, you give your opinion on the topic in a very clear manner.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kim in the sense that your summary perfectly embodies the essence of the article. However, I do not think your sentences are too long or too elaborate necessarily. Also, when it comes to punctuation the only thing I'd say is that the dash in your first sentence could just as well be a comma, but that's just me nitpicking.
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to your opinion, I agree whole-heartedly and I think you should use the words you feel like using, as long as you're not rude and you do so within the section that is about your own opinion.
Also, excuse me for barging in here. I looked at the list of email addresses of 1G so I could respond to some blogs, I hope you don't mind!