Thursday, 7 June 2012

Thefts from Devon and Cornwall military bases cost £42K


Militairy equipment worth over  £42,000 has been stolen from two military bases in Devon and Cornwall, including items like night vision goggles worth  £18,000 and body armour. The Ministry of Defense takes these thefts very seriously and is checking eBay, but fortunately there were no weapons stolen except for one bayonet.  Conservative Mr Colvile says something has to be done. “[I]t's very important that the government should explain how they are going to make sure that more care is taken of their equipment and it doesn't end up disappearing” and “"Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against those identified as being responsible for theft."

-

I am really surprised about this, I wonder how the thief or thieves managed to steal all this equipment. I guess they need to improve the military bases’ security because obviously someone managed to find a way to get in and out unnoticed. Maybe they should check their own staff as well, it could be someone from the inside. I wonder what the punishment will be if the people get caught. But I guess they have stolen enough gear to become some sort of superspy to avoid getting into trouble.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18345028

No comments:

Post a Comment