Nicola Hood (31) and her husband James Hood (40) have admitted 9 counts of animal cruelty after RSPCA officers raided their property and discovered a total of 69 pets. Not only the animals were in bad condition, but also the couple’s 5 children were at risk of contracting diseases, RSPCA officers even found a 9 month old baby in a bed with sheets covered with bird droppings. The couple thought of their home as an ‘animal sanctuary’, they were taking in animals from friends and other people in order to save their lives.
-
I have mixed feelings about this article, I think the couple really meant well, they wanted to save the animals that otherwise would have been put down, but I think the situation got out of hand. In my opinion, they should have contacted local animal shelters and asked for help. I really don’t understand that even when their own kids were prone to getting disease, it didn’t occur to them they needed to take drastic countermeasures in order to improve the conditions for both their children and their animals.
-
I have mixed feelings about this article, I think the couple really meant well, they wanted to save the animals that otherwise would have been put down, but I think the situation got out of hand. In my opinion, they should have contacted local animal shelters and asked for help. I really don’t understand that even when their own kids were prone to getting disease, it didn’t occur to them they needed to take drastic countermeasures in order to improve the conditions for both their children and their animals.
Oh wow! Not a very happy article. I agree with your mixed feelings, they did seem to mean well. Some people don't even realize that when you're around a lot of animals, you can get sick (especially with a lot of birds, it's because of the poop I believe.) Sad this had to happen. And how could they live with so many animals? Especially huskies are very vocal dogs!Think of the noise!
ReplyDeleteI think your summary was well written, it made me want to read the entire article! It did make me curious what kind of pets they had.
Wow, how blind can people be for reality? I agree with Flo that it is not a very happy article. Sometimes, love for animals can get too far, this is an example of it. I like your summary, and I agree on your opinion.
ReplyDelete